Who We Are
Beatitudes is a faith-based non-profit organization that was formed originally to partner with the Pwoje Fanm women’s vocational program on the island of La Gonâve. We began in 2003 as an offshoot of the Haiti ministry of a church in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Our friendship with the women in Haiti gave birth to a desire to help them
- Our desire to help them grew into a small business
- Our small business grew into a formal partnership
- The formal partnership grew into a dream to help them help themselves
- The dream to help them help themselves has grown into a bigger dream of building a trade school where many can come to acquire the skills and education they need to build a better future for themselves and their community.
Before long, it became clear that our dream would outgrow being part of a ministry that was part of a church with many ministries! We obtained our own 501(c)3 status in 2005.
Our Mission is to show the love of Christ by equipping the poor to support their families through vocational training.
Our philosophy is based on an old proverb:
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.”